Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dreams

March is almost over, and Spring has just begun.
Sounds like a perfect time to be dreaming. Something about Spring Time is so inspiring.
I woke up the other day to my audio book of Ecclesiastes playing, and the verse spoken spoke to me:
"Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun" (Ecc. 11:7).

Something about sunshine and rain drops, flowers, and birds singing, is so romantic, causing our hearts to come alive. It tells us something about God. God is a dreamer. He aspires great things and they actually happen. And He has placed dreams in our hearts. Dreams that were meant to come to pass.

My favorite prayer these days has been 1 Thessalonians 1:11-
"...we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith."

By "make you worthy" he means "prepared." Think of it as having the "character to handle." God has called a lot of people to great things, but they receive the grace of God in vain (2 Corinth. 6:1). I want to be worthy, ready to receive, all the good things God has dreamed for me. And I want His power touching my life and circumstances so that the dreams He has placed inside of me come to pass.

We dream, we write, we create, we have passions, we aspire, because we were made in God's image. It's time to dream again if you have let your dreams die. Let the "should haves" of yesterday fall away because they are dead weight. It's a new day. You're a new you. And it is time to Dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment