Saturday, November 20, 2010

Morning Prayer!

I am privileged to take my place on the wall of intercession 6am-12pm Tuesdays-Fridays in the Global Prayer Room here at IHOP. Wednesday mornings are especially my favorite! I and a fellow student lead a discipleship group of 10 second year IHOPU students, and they are a joy! Wednesdays we meet at 6am and pray in a side room for 30 minutes for grace to enter into the place of prayer (it is called the prep room), then we "charge the hill" and stand in the front of the room to help lead the room in prayer. Standing serves to help us engage and focus during intercession. Following the prayer room on Wednesdays my discipleship group meets for about 2 hours usually at my house. It is a time to share our hearts as a group, go deeper in the Word, and grow together as a body.

Thank you for making it possible for me to be able to give myself to prayer, discipling others, the Word, and evangelism! A blog on my recent ministry trip to California coming soon!! Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Jon Thurlow's Set, and I am SO EXCITED that it's your set too!! :) Ps. I am going to be at Onething this yr!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alli! That's so cool you're going to be at One Thing! I'm not sure if I will or not yet, but if I am I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration to me, Lauren! Glad to hear the good report from California. Looking forward to reading more... Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete